Graphite, Copper, Hard Steel: Milling, drilling, threading, engraving, profiling
Hufschmied Zerspanungssysteme for tool and mold making
Manufacturing in tool and mold making is subject to constantly increasing expectations of efficiency and quality. Hufschmied knows the requirements and can provide you with ideal support: With a unique complete range of tools for all important materials such as graphite, copper or hard steel. And with the know-how to reduce processing times by up to 50% compared to conventional processes. Manufacture of tools and molds Hufschmied The time-saving process also includes programming and on-site employee training. In this way, we deliver the complete package to reduce the "cost per part" as a whole. Intelligent process control, long service life and precision for high-precision components - this is how success goes into series production.
Hufschmied is today the German full-service provider for the highly efficient machining of all important materials in tool and mold making. Thanks to intelligent process management, high-precision production with 100% end-measured tools, including for carbide, and patented cutting edge geometries, machining times can be reduced by up to 50%. In this way, short machining cycles with a long service life and smooth, burr-free components can be efficiently achieved in series production.
Through the continuous dialogue with universities and our intensive tool development, we have created the basis for first-class precision tools. For each editing task, see Hufschmied the right tool. Four specialized product lines are available today:
- Graphite Line
- hard line
- Proto Line
- copper line
Application example graphite machining
The design of the substrate, geometry and coating are decisive for the productivity and performance of the tool. Our Graftor® is designed for cost-effective graphite machining with the for Hufschmied patented nanocrystalline diamond coating DIP® - all geometries are optimized for the material graphite.
The performance and advantages of the Graftor®
- Special tip geometry for extremely high feed rates with very good surface qualities
- Very low cutting pressure for the production of filigree pins and bars without breaking them
- Only one tool for roughing and finishing without changing tools
- Nanocrystalline diamond layer® for the longest service life
Application example steel processing:
High-performance tools for hardened steel up to 72 HRC
Hard milling also plays an increasingly important role in tool and mold making. Hard milling offers great potential for supplementing process chains and can even completely replace certain work steps. However, when machining very hard special materials, the tool used is very important.
Hufschmied offers you the Graphite and Hard Line in three precision versions:
- Robo-Line for highest accuracy and quality
- Business line for standard-compliant precision and quality
- Eco-Line for particularly economical milling processes
Accuracy and surface quality are particularly important in tool and mold making. The demands on the milling tool are particularly high when milling narrow, deep contours and cavities.
For machining hard steels Hufschmied developed the tools of the Hard-Line. The diameters of these drills and milling cutters range from 0,3 millimeters for the ball and torus milling cutters as mini milling cutters to the large multi-bladed milling cutters for cutting tool construction up to a diameter of 20 millimeters. This allows you to achieve processing results of convincing quality with components of the most varied geometries.
Graftor® - Graphite
- Roughing and finishing with just one tool
- Skiving cut geometry doubles the possible material removal rate, which means that smaller tools can also be used for roughing and pre-finishing
- Tool changes can be saved by using smaller tools
- 3 times the service life thanks to four compression peeling edges
- Nanocrystalline diamond layer DIP ® avoids adhesion of graphite residues on the cutting edges
- Significantly fewer different tool diameters are required per electrode
- Compression cut ensures minimal cutting pressure to be able to work out filigree structures in the shortest possible time
- Highest ability to deliver thanks to production and warehousing in Germany
→ Enormous cost savings of at least 50%
→ The halving of the processing time ensures enormous time savings during processing